Thursday, September 6, 2007

1 in 70,000

According to the book Blogs, Wikis, Podcasts and Other Powerful Web Tools for the Classroom by Will Richardson, there are 70,000 new blogs created everyday. Given our large world population and the exploding popularity of the internet, I believe this. However, this does not make me feel very special, as today, the very first day of my foray into blogging, I am only one in seventy thousand. Nevertheless, I will forge ahead with the goal to be better than each and every one of those 69,999 other blogs that were also created today.

This blog was created as an assignment for CI 5472 Teaching Film, Television, and Media Studies. It will be used in multiple ways: as a tool to respond to topics brought up in class, to discuss relevant information with my fellow classmates, and to bring to light any other pertinent information.

This post is pretty special because it is my first time using a blog. (Well, almost my very first time using a blog. I once created on for a creative writing class that I took. I posted on it about twice and then lost interest. There is no need to scour the internet looking for it, my creative writing blog has long been deleted. You wouldn't have wanted to read it anyway.) I am hoping, in fact I'm pretty sure, that this blog will be fascinating. It will be filled with all sorts of interesting information pertaning to the art of Teaching Film, Television, and Media Studies. Check back often, I will update as the course syllabus and the discovery of new information dictates.

No comments: