Thursday, November 8, 2007

News Broadcast

Chris, my blog partner, and I have been working together this week. Not only did we create a really cool fake advertisement (see Rainbow Church of Love), but we also needed to analyze a local news broadcast. To see the breakdown, minute by minute, of channel 5 news, please see Chris' post. To read my analysis, continue on my friend ...

I, like Chris, do not make it a habit of watching the local T.V. news. I get most of my information from a paper copy of the StarTribune in the morning, NPR throughout the day, and a smattering of news based websites (nytimes.com and startribune.com). Its not that I don't like the local news, its just that I have better things to do with my time.

The biggest downfall to televised news is that I am forced to learn about certain news storied in a certain order. Reading the news paper, or going on-line allows me to pick and choose the news stories that I am interested. I can also chose how in-depth I want to dive into each story. We live in such a fast paced world that I just can't justify wasting time with the local news.

No comments: